As of today there are 9 months left before our special day 🙂
The last couple of weeks have flown by and according to the wedding checklist I’m using from ‘Perdekoop’, today marks the day for several things:
- “Number Please” – collecting contact details and addresses of guests
- “Save the Date” – send out “save the date” notices to your guests
- “Colour Scheme & Mood” – choose the colour scheme and mood/theme of your wedding
- “Book Service Providers” – incl. caterer, dj, florist, transport, marriage officer/pastor.. etc..
- “Wedding Gown” – start the process of buying, ordering or making your dream dress
- “Bridesmaid dresses & flower girl goodies” – choose or start making the dresses with plenty of time for a few fittings
So most of these have already been done and/or started a while back already 🙂
So here is my update:
- “Number Please” – Most of the invites will be delivered by hand, so I have started to collect phone numbers, to follow up on the RSVPs. I am using a very useful Guestlist Manager I have also downloaded from ‘Perdekoop’ (A link to this site can be found under my “Related Wedding Sites” list.
- “Save the Date” – we have decided on not specifically making cards to send out. Everyone has already been informed of our date.
- “Colour Scheme & Mood” – this has been decided even before the actual planning started.. heheh.. So this was ticked off long time ago.. yeah
- “Book Service Providers” – The photographer was booked FIRST! The venue was second and was booked in March already!! And the venue includes the florist, caterer, decor and wedding night accommodation. A load of stuff ticked off the list, months ago 😀 The pastor has to be confirmed, so we will sort this out over the following weeks.
- “Wedding Gown” – another thing ticked of about three months ago already.. Have met up with my dressmaker who will be able to make my dream dress! We are going material shopping in January 2012!! And I CANNOT WAIT!!! 😆
- “Bridesmaid dress & flower girl goodies” – my dressmaker will also be making the bridesmaid’s dress and the two flower girl dresses will be made by another dressmaker and my gran..
It feels really good to be ahead of this checklist, the next stop is 6 months, but most of those things have also been done. So no bridezilla here due to stressing out, not yet, anyway.. 😛