Only 11 days to go.. WOW!! and ONLY 2 and a half days left at work, as I’ve taken 2 weeks off.
1 week after the wedding.. well.. for.. you know.. the Honeymoon 😉
1 week before the wedding as I thought I would use that time to finish up the favours and our wishing well.. but the venue wants everything on Monday the 30th of April when we have our final meeting to discuss numbers and oh boy.. the final cost of the venue 😀
So I called in my mom, gran and my sis and we finished the favours on Saturday.. Sunday I did the table names and started on the wishing well, which I finished last night.
Monday morning I went to pick up my shoes.. I had them covered in the same material as my dress, as it proved nearly impossible to match the colour AND have the style I wanted. In total (shoes, material, cover cost) my shoes did not even make the R200 mark, which I think is a pretty good deal 😉
Well let’s see what we still need to do..
Meeting with the pastor
Pick up Gavin’s clothes.. (our 7yr old son/ringbearer)
Final meeting with our attorney
Final meeting with our photographer
Finish the inserts for the ringboxes (Last year I bought two small wooden chests for our rings instead of the ringcushions)
Final meeting with the florist regarding bridal & MOH bouquets..
Making the bouttonieres
GETTING MARRIED and party~party~party!!
Our third meeting with the venue took place on Valentine’s Day! And boy, was it a fun one 😀
We did the mockup of our tables and discussed the decor, flowers and food. With our dark-blue, cream and gold colourscheme, I could never have imagined how wonderful it all came together. I am super excited and sure wish I could share the mockup photos here, but alas, we want our guests to see it for the first time on our special day!
We received a booklet of food choices, so I don’t know how we are going to choose out of all that mouthwatering dishes 😛 Luckily our menu must only be submitted two weeks in advance, so we have plenty of time drooling over our choices..
With 74 days to go, we can now also tick of the flowers and decor! Leaving us with the favours, table names and wishing well to be finished, and the dresses offcourse!
Talking about the dresses, we are going for our measurements tomorrow night.. whoop whoop !!
With everything just about falling into place now, I still can’t shake the feeling that I’m missing something.. Hopefully after our visit to China Mall this coming weekend, that feeling will dissapear, as I’ll be getting the last of the paper and embellishments needed for the favours, table names and wishing well!!
I have been super quiet on my blog.. looooong story.. sheesh.. but..
BACK TO THE HAPPY WEDDING STUFF..
I can’t believe we only have 114 days to go!!
I went to see my dressmaker, Joanne, for our second visit last night, my mom and sis went with and we only left there 3 and a half hours later.. it was such a lovely visit. It was mainly to discuss my mom’s outfit and my sister’s dress (she’s my maitron of honour), who’s outfits will also be made by Joanne. We also needed to confirm a date as to when we will go and purchase the material.. The material hunting day is set for the 4th of February 2012.. I CAN’T WAIT!!!
As we were leaving to go home, I tripped on the last step and hurt my ankle.. went to the doctor this morning and he told me I torn a ligament in my foot.. OUCHY!! Now I have to wear an ankle-brace for 10 days.. no SHOE hunting till my foot’s better 😥
Our venue (Mellow Oaks on the Westrand, Gauteng) also contacted me today to confirm a meeting date, so we can discuss our menu option, flowers and decor choices.. and our meeting is on Valentine’s Day!!
As for the rest, everything seems to fall into place now, although at times it feels I’m forgetting something..
Looking at today’s date, it hit me, only 4 months to our big day!
I’m feeling overly excited and a little nervous (in a good way)
My mind’s reeling with all the little things and going over the lists to see if we missed anything.. but alas all seems to go according to plan.
It seems I can’t put to words all the things that’s going on in my head at the moment, so this will be all for today 😉
As of today there are 9 months left before our special day 🙂
The last couple of weeks have flown by and according to the wedding checklist I’m using from ‘Perdekoop’, today marks the day for several things:
- “Number Please” – collecting contact details and addresses of guests
- “Save the Date” – send out “save the date” notices to your guests
- “Colour Scheme & Mood” – choose the colour scheme and mood/theme of your wedding
- “Book Service Providers” – incl. caterer, dj, florist, transport, marriage officer/pastor.. etc..
- “Wedding Gown” – start the process of buying, ordering or making your dream dress
- “Bridesmaid dresses & flower girl goodies” – choose or start making the dresses with plenty of time for a few fittings
So most of these have already been done and/or started a while back already 🙂
So here is my update:
- “Number Please” – Most of the invites will be delivered by hand, so I have started to collect phone numbers, to follow up on the RSVPs. I am using a very useful Guestlist Manager I have also downloaded from ‘Perdekoop’ (A link to this site can be found under my “Related Wedding Sites” list.
- “Save the Date” – we have decided on not specifically making cards to send out. Everyone has already been informed of our date.
- “Colour Scheme & Mood” – this has been decided even before the actual planning started.. heheh.. So this was ticked off long time ago.. yeah
- “Book Service Providers” – The photographer was booked FIRST! The venue was second and was booked in March already!! And the venue includes the florist, caterer, decor and wedding night accommodation. A load of stuff ticked off the list, months ago 😀 The pastor has to be confirmed, so we will sort this out over the following weeks.
- “Wedding Gown” – another thing ticked of about three months ago already.. Have met up with my dressmaker who will be able to make my dream dress! We are going material shopping in January 2012!! And I CANNOT WAIT!!! 😆
- “Bridesmaid dress & flower girl goodies” – my dressmaker will also be making the bridesmaid’s dress and the two flower girl dresses will be made by another dressmaker and my gran..
It feels really good to be ahead of this checklist, the next stop is 6 months, but most of those things have also been done. So no bridezilla here due to stressing out, not yet, anyway.. 😛
We, and especially me, the bride, now wife, enjoyed the planning of our wedding tremendously! I felt a little sad about the planning ending, but everything about our wedding day turned out more magical and fun than we could ever have envisioned. I shared some of our planning moments here already, and others I’ve kept aside as to not spoil everything for the guests. Now that the vows have been said, the rings put on, the sand poured and the honeymoon honeyed, I can share everything else I so badly wanted to share. So join me on my journey while I rewind and remember our happy, mostly glitch-free wedding plans.